Friday 27 May 2011

Samsung Galaxy S LCD GT-I9003 Review

Page 1 - Introduction Page 2 - Design and Build Page 3 - Operating System and Interface Page 4 - Multimedia Walkthrough Page 5 - GPS and Layar, Battery Life Page 6 - Pricing and Verdict next

Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9003 is branded for India as Galaxy S LCD 4GB but elsewhere it is available as Galaxy SL (16GB version). Personally, I would call it a toned down substitute of Galaxy S I9000. It indeed was surprising to see this version out so late and almost a year after the launch of Galaxy S I9000 handset. Had the handset arrived alongside or at least three months after the GT-I9000 launch, it would have made more sense and would have sold more.

Samsung has introduced this new Galaxy S LCD 4GB loaded with Android 2.2.1 Froyo by default. Despite clear technical differences between this handset and the Galaxy S I9000, people can't help but compare both devices. Throughout the review, I would be referring it as GT-I9003 and the Galaxy S as GT-I9000, just to avoid confusion.

Currently, there's a dearth of Galaxy S I9000 handsets and the shortage of Super AMOLED displays has been cited as the main reason behind this. Obviously, Samsung has moved on to the new Super AMOLED Plus technology that is better and has been used in upcoming handset - Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100.

GT-I9003


In the absence of GT-I9000, you'd certainly like to know about an Android device that looks almost the same and is packed with a few new goodies in it. Before you get to know how Galaxy S LCD performs, take a look at the differences between both the phones.

Differentials

 Android 2.1 Eclair (now with 2.2)

From the above table, it is clear that Galaxy S LCD would stay behind a bit in terms of graphic and processing performance. Both smartphones have processors running at the clock speed of 1GHz but due to different manufacturing design differences, there could be a marginal variation in their performance. The TI OMAP 3630 CPU is the same which has been used in the Motorola Droid X.

Follow Techtree on Twitter

Page 1 - Introduction Page 2 - Design and Build Page 3 - Operating System and Interface Page 4 - Multimedia Walkthrough Page 5 - GPS and Layar, Battery Life Page 6 - Pricing and Verdict next

No comments:

Post a Comment

sponsor